APC UPS Battery Management
Smart-charging and remote battery management for stationary batteries.
Stay in charge with the APC Battery Management System.
The APC Battery Management System ensures your batteries are optimally charged and ready for use. This browser-accessible, 1U rackmountable system combines battery monitoring and testing with individual boost charging for peak battery performance. Integration into your preferred building management system or use of a Web browser provides visibility of the health and status of your batteries. Resolve battery problems before they affect availability.
- Individual battery monitoring - Monitoring voltage and current ensures that individual batteries are ready for use and replaced only when necessary.
- Individual battery charging - Supplemental individual charging ensures each battery is fully charged and helps prevent premature aging due to over-charging.
- Battery fault detection - Monitors room and individual battery temperature changes for early detection of thermal runaway, shorted cells, open circuit, and bad battery.
- Fault notification - Be notified of problems to ensure crucial situations are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Building Management System Integration - Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.
- Browser Accessible - View the user interface with a browser. Gives quick access from anywhere on the network without the need to install software.
- Event logging - Pinpoint the timing and sequence of events leading up to an incident with the event log.
- Data logging - Identify problematic trends before they escalate or export the data log for analysis.
- Telnet Management - Provides a simple telnet session or SSH for remote management access.
- Local LED status - Four LEDs on the front panel indicate problems with batteries, charger, environment, or unit itself.
- Battery compatibility - VRLA or wet cell 2-, 4-,8- or 12v batteries , Nickel-cadmium 1.2 or 2.4v batteries (AP9921X)
- Read-only Access - Share access without risking unauthorized configuration changes.
- Password Security - User-selectable password protection prevents unauthorized access.