Schneider Electric Solves Edge Computing Challenges with New 6U Wall Mount EcoStruxure Micro Data Center
October 02, 2019 By BlueAlly
- First-to-market EcoStruxure™ Micro Data Center C-Series 6U Wall Mount features low-profile design, making it 60 percent less intrusive while allowing large edge servers to be mounted
- Additionally, new EcoStruxure IT Expert Device Security Vulnerability Assessment enhances cybersecurity
- EcoStruxure™ continues its evolution with a simplified and complete portfolio for data center from the cloud to the edge
Barcelona, October 2, 2019 – Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced it has simplified and aligned its data center solutions for the new hybrid IT world with the introduction of EcoStruxure Data Center Solutions, unveiled today at Innovation Summit Barcelona Oct. 2-3, 2019. The latest evolution of Schneider Electric’s integrated systems, EcoStruxure Data Center Solutions bring together power, cooling, racks, and management to support deployment of distributed IT networks in all environments from small edge applications to hyperscale cloud data centers.
Within the portfolio announced today, Schneider brings to market the first-of-its-kind EcoStruxure Micro Data Center in a 6U wall mount model, designed to support large edge servers in a low-profile cabinet that maximizes floor space.
Four fast, flexible, manageable, and configurable solutions that are highly secure and use the latest management technology:
- EcoStruxure Micro Data Center: S-Series; C-Series; R-Series Self-contained, single-rack enclosure inclusive of remote monitoring and management, services, physical security, UPS, power distribution, and cooling devices for a fast, simple, and customized way to design, deploy, and manage edge computing solutions in multiple environments
- EcoStruxure Row Data Center: S-Series; C-Series; R-Series Pre-engineered single row solutions to modernize infrastructure are highly configurable and scalable encompassing racks, power, cooling, and management systems, removing time and complexity from design to installation and operation in multiple environments
- EcoStruxure Pod Data Center: Pod Innovative rack-ready pod systems to deploy IT at scale offer simple integration with a variety of cooling and power configurations resulting in a simplified design and installation process and up to 15 percent reduction in CapEx cost
- EcoStruxure Modular Data Center: All-in-One; IT Hall; Power Prefabricated, pretested solutions delivered as functional building blocks of power, IT, or all-in-one data centers delivering flexible and predictable deployment and the ability to scale capacity quickly
EcoStruxure Micro Data Center 6U Wall Mount Addresses Edge Computing Challenges
To meet the needs of today’s always-on world, companies of all sizes are undergoing digital transformation. As a result, IT systems are being placed closer to where the data is created and processed - a disruptive trend called edge computing. Edge computing presents new challenges with many distributed systems in locations unstaffed by IT with new cyber and physical security demands and in environments not optimized for IT systems. Schneider Electric’s 6U Wall Mount is designed for edge computing where space is at a premium and resiliency is a must. It allows large, heavy edge servers, networking equipment, and the UPS to be safely mounted on a wall, so it consumes zero floor space and is 60 percent less intrusive than traditional wall mount enclosures. Shock packaging means partners and integrators can pre-install IT for quick and standardized rollouts, and its integrated dust filter and fan ventilation make it ideal for light industrial environments. The 6U Wall Mount empowers customers to support critical business operations in non-IT environments.
“With the EcoStruxure Micro Data Center 6U Wall Mount’s creative design and functionality, we are able to open up new possibilities to deploy resilient IT at the edge, making digital transformation a reality,” said Jim Simonelli, SVP Emerging Businesses, Secure Power Division, Schneider Electric. “No one else can provide the full, standardized IT infrastructure solutions that Schneider can along with the partner ecosystem to ensure simplified deployment and compatibility. A fully integrated EcoStruxure Data Center Solution, including EcoStruxure IT and Asset Advisor 24/7 remote monitoring and services, ensures resiliency in the cloud and at the edge.”
Schneider Electric’s New Device Security Vulnerability Assessment Enhances Cybersecurity
As edge networks proliferate, IT professionals face new security challenges. An estimated 61 percent of small and medium businesses are hit by cyberattacks annually.* To defend against cyberattacks, Schneider Electric has announced the new Device Security Vulnerability Assessment, now available in EcoStruxure IT Expert™, Schneider’s cloud-based monitoring and management software for local edge, distributed IT, and data center. Today’s release includes assessment of all Schneider Electric connected devices with future updates to expand vendor-neutral capabilities.
The new assessment reduces the risk of a security breach and saves time by helping users determine threats and engage in preventive measures sooner, ultimately lowering the possibilities of major business disruption and data loss. Specifically, it helps customers identify and report vulnerabilities, prevent risks, comply with security policies and regulations, and understand the industry best-practices for security. EcoStruxure IT Expert users can find the Vulnerability Assessment on the ‘Assessments’ tab in the tool.